Get a beach babe bronze like Tash Oakley (the healthy way!)
If there’s anyone who knows how to rock designer swimwear, it’s Tash Oakley. This Australian beauty’s healthy, gorgeous figure always sports an awesome tan that makes her bikinis POP. Want to get that beachy glow? Here are our tips!
Tash is an advocate of bronzing makeup but we sometimes prefer going barefaced to the beach and building a (safe) base tan in advance with a tanning lotion. Don’t let visions of Oompa Loompas and stripey streaks deter you from your goal – a HEALTHY tan! The process is simple if you follow our instructions and our recommended bronzers will leave you glowing gold, not orange, from head to toe!
Assemble your materials:
- Ideally do this at night so that you can go to sleep after. You don’t want to get smudged!
- Shower thoroughly and exfoliate like a madwoman. We prefer a gentle, natural exfoliator (say NO to microbeads!)
- Shave everything you want to have shaven that week – there is no turning back once the tan has been applied because shaving over tanned areas can cause patchiness.
- Dry off.
- You sure you’re dry? Dry off again.
- Put on that sweet tanning mitt.
- If you’re using a foam, pump a small cotton-ball’s worth into your mitt. If using a towel, open one packet and remove the towel.
- We like to start with our feet first, gradually working our way up using circular movements and blendinngggg thoroughly. Go very lightly over the feet, ankle, knee, and elbow areas, since the dryer skin can absorb more tanner and become dark and patchy (yuck).
- Save your face for last and go easy – you don’t want to give yourself an orange moustache! Apply to your forehead, cheeks, nose bridge, and chin, then begin blending outward.
- Don’t put on clothes! Start watching cat videos on your phone because you’re going to be drying and waiting around naked for awhile (at least 5-10 minutes).
- Go to sleep, preferably naked. Do not sweat, do not shower, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
- Wake up bronzed and beautiful ;)
Extra tips: Shower first thing in the morning after tanning to get off residual lotion, moisturize your skin daily and keep hydrated to make your tan last longer, and don't use harsh cleansers on your body!